PK Fish is an online education company based in Beijing, China that provides interactive online lessons to Chinese students.
Teaching English online to students in China.
How old are the students?
The classes can be 1-1 or group classes. Each group will have a maximum of 4 students. The classes can be 25 minutes long or 1 hour long.
Is the curriculum provided?
The company will provide curriculum and training for teachers.
What are the requirements for the position?
- Teachers need to be from the US or Canada (due to the internet server as it only supports teachers from the United States, Canada, and Mainland China).
- Bachelor’s degree or above (preferred)
- Teaching certificate, TESOL or TEFL (preferred)
What equipment must I have?
Laptop/computer with HD camera and headset; Internet speed over 10mbps both upload and download
9$ - 11$ per 25 min class
18$ - 22$ per 1 hour class
Plus additional bonuses that include:
- 25$ per month for (active participation and mentorship within the teacher training group).
- 1$ per lesson for an excellent feedback from the student(s).
- 1$ for not being absent and having at least 60 slots open.
- 1$ for entering the first class 10 minutes early.
Payment is made by direct bank transfer.
What are the teaching hours?
You have to commit to a minimum of 4 teaching hours a week. The schedule you choose will need to be the same for the 3 month contract period.
The peak hours are from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Beijing Time Zone)
Use the Time Zone Converter to understand what this means in your local time zone.
How long is the contract period?
3 months - this can be renewed if desired at the end of the 3 month period.